. . . .

Monday, June 15, 2015

Music Monday with Sue McTigue!


Music Monday with Sue McTigue  


Hello from Colorado Springs! It’s so energizing to be a part of this wonderful group of TPT teachers in Resources With Altitude!
My store blog is just getting started at Teach Me With a Song Blog and you can visit my Facebook page to learn more about me and my experiences and teaching tips in Music and Arts Education.

In addition to 32 years of teaching experience, I have a BME degree (Music Ed), Orff & Kodaly certificates, a Symbaloo trainer certificate and an MA in Creative Arts & Learning/Curriculum Development.

I live with my wonderful husband, talented and wonderful step children and my new Toy Fox Terrier puppy, Sky!


I am currently working on a children's book with music about the adventures of Sky.  He goes everywhere with me, including a weekly ride or two on my paddle board.

I have been retired (sort of) for one year. I currently enjoy composing, teaching private piano, guitar, & voice and mentoring teachers in technology, curriculum planning and idea generating. If that isn't enough, I train teachers in Notebook Software,  SMARTboard and Symbaloo as a private contractor giving me the opportunity to connect with my favorite people, teachers!

My first choral piece, entitled, "Teach Me With a Song"  was recently published by BriLee Music Publishing (Carl Fisher) and can be viewed and heard at BriLee Music. It was premiered at the Douglas County School District Honor Choir performances in February and April of 2015.  Please enjoy the video of the DCSD Honor Choir 2015 premiere of my 2 part (optional 3 pt.) choral piece, "Teach Me With a Song".
This piece was inspired by one of my students with autism who insisted he learn everything through song.  My Teachers Pay Teachers store is named in honor of this student who's common request was, "Teach me with a song!"


I have also written a geological music program for 3rd - 5th grade about rocks, minerals and changes of the earth entitled, "Rock Concert!"  It comes with a CD of accompaniment tracks with and without vocals, script and printed music.  It has all ready been performed several times in Colorado and other states.

Here is a link to a freebie for you, a notebook file for interactive whiteboard using nursery rhymes and hearts to help K-2 students learn and understand the basic rhythm notation with quarter notes & rests, and eighth notes.  It is a very flexible file which allows for much creativity of teacher and students.  Enjoy!


Please let me know if I can help you with your teaching in anyway by creating a custom notebook file, song, worksheet or lesson just for you.  Since I'm retired but still very involved in current music education, I have lots of time and expertise to create the perfect resource you need.  Just let me know what it is!



No comments:

Post a Comment